Latest Changes to
We've added some neat new features and made other improvements to Postage $aver for Parcels. Here are the details. Note that each update includes all previous updates, so you only need to download and install the latest.
Postage $aver for Parcels
What’s new in Version 3.2.8 – July 2020
- USPS has eliminated the "Return Receipt for Merchandise" service, so we have removed it from the software. Paper and electronic return receipts are still available and can still be specified in the software.
- Updated for July and August USPS routing changes required for mail sent on or after August 1, 2020. (May be used before then).
- Fixed bug where the USPS transaction number was blank under certain circumstances.
- Fixed bug where a six-digit Mailer ID was not correctly designated in the Shipping Services File.
- Fixed error checking to allow a 9999 +4 code if "General Delivery" is in the address.
- Fixed bug that would cause a crash if printing was attempted when no printer or default printer had been specified. (Mac only)
- Fixed incorrect tab order on statement screens. (Mac only)
What’s new in Version 3.2.7 – May 2020
- Updated for May and June USPS routing changes required for mail sent on or after June 1, 2020. (May be used before then).
- You can now print a USPS scan form (Form ps5630) after uploading the SSF file to USPS. This form is not required, but it makes it easier for USPS to locate your shipment in their system. And, when they scan it, your shipment will automatically show up as accepted by USPS on tracking screens and tracking reports.
- The software can now automatically add "OR CURRENT RESIDENT" or similar wording to your labels, if that's the Move Update method you choose. You no longer need to include it in a column in your mailing list. (For Marketing Mail and PSLW only, as the other services do not require Move Update).
- You can now include a job title line in the recipient's address. You'll see a new optional Job Title column selector on the Column Selection screen.
- Sack numbers are now included in Mail Preparation Instructions report.
- The software now supports NDC pricing for NDC pallets of 200 pounds or more entered at origin, per USPS rule. (Marketing Mail and Parcel Select Lightweight only).
- For Signature Confirmation service and for Insurance over $500, we've added the new USPS option to allow (or disallow) a customer's e-signature instead of a physical signature.
- For Bound Printed Matter Irregular Parcels, we've removed bundles for 5-digit schemes, per USPS rule. (Bundles for non-scheme 5-digit zips are still produced, as required.)
- The Rejected Pieces list (on the Mail Preparation Instructions report) now shows each rejected address' new location in your mailing list file after sorting, in addition to its original location, to make it easier to find and fix.
- Military addresses are rejected if using the "or current resident" Move Update method, per USPS rule.
- Fixed bug where missing leading zeros are automatically added to zip+4, but which worked if one or two zeros were missing, but not if all three were missing.
- Error checking now rejects addresses with -0000 or -9999 as zip+4, as these are never valid and USPS will reject the piece.
- We fixed a bug where an error in a user-provided serial number error would not be caught if there was a delivery point code error on the same address, even though a delivery point code error is not cause for rejection of the record.
- We fixed abug in the Rejected Pieces list where the reported record number was one number too low, on .csv and tab-separated files that have column titles in the first row.
- We fixed a bug where the Rejected Pieces list could print off the bottom of the page.
- The updated mailing list file is now saved before reports are printed, for smoother operation.
- If the mailing list file cannot be saved (for example, if it is open in another application), the user can now fix the problem and retry, or proceed to print reports and labels, without starting over.
- We removed the 40-character limit on the length of the Gateway login user name.
- Fixed bug where crash could occur when scrolling on customer selection list (on statement information screen) (Windows only).
- Fixed bug where customer selection list was not in alphabetical order (Mac only).
- Fixed bug where tracking and sorting information was sometimes not saved in the mailing list file when the user didn't select "sort labels" option.
- Fixed bug affecting First Class Package Service mailings, where the mailing list file would be sorted in zip code order when user selected "save sorting information", even though no sorting is used for FCPS.
- Fixed the same problem for sorting of the labels, which is not used for FCPS.
- Fixed bug where "use previous tracking numbers" option did not operate properly for some file formats (Mac only).
- Fixed bug where label printing option screen would not appear at the end of the sorting if the "use previous tracking numbers" option had been selected.
- Fixed bug where a bundle column would be added to ascii files even on mail categories that do not use bundling.
- Fixed bug where user could not switch back to a regular printer to print reports after using a Zebra printer to print labels. Now the previous regular printer will automatically be re-selected.
- Fixed bug where Move Update selection was not populated correctly after re-starting the software. (Mac only).
- Fixed bug where the software could remain in USPS test file mode after uploading the test SSF file to USPS.
- Fixed bug where the sorted Excel file could have extra blank records added to the end of the file.
- Fixed various other minor issues.